Tuesday, April 28, 2015

4/28/15

Read THIS blog post by a teacher. I mean actually read it. Take it in. Think about it. And then, write about it. What do you think about it? What is the teacher trying to say? In your own words explain what "the main event" is.

I think this teacher is absolutely correct in the way that he thinks students are missing the main idea of school: Learning to deal with the hardships of life rather than getting the passing grade. I believe that most kids these days only come to school to please their parents and to get a grade in order to go to college when in reality, school is all about social experience and learning how to be responsible. The "main event" that the author is trying to explain is the things behind the meaning of school. It is how you should challenge yourself to complete a difficult task whether it has to do with getting a passing grade or not. 

6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a 19 year old, I completely agree with your comment that people are only bothered about a passing grade, I mean I was too (math, I sucked). I also agree that most students believe that college/universities are the only way to make something of yourself which is something the education system and parents pressure us into from being young. I believe people should be educated in a way which we are told it's ok to be bad at things, but you can always get better. Most students go just for a passing grade due to lack of motivation, interest or generally because they aren't great at the subject, but often because of this students get left behind and aren't encouraged to learn about the topics at hand, they are told to just try and pass. Personally I think students should be encouraged to travel the world, to experience new cultures and to step out of their comfort zones, because ultimately these are the scenarios that shape us into better people, have a nice day :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Colby, if you ever happen to see this I love you so much! ❤️

    ReplyDelete